• August 01, 2014, 06:27:34 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

(((((((((( OUR SPONSORS ))))))))))

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Verdi-care coin preserver.  (Read 5146 times)

VERDI-CHEMIST

Re: Verdi-care coin preserver.
« on: August 10, 2011, 11:34:37 PM »

Hello! I am the inventor of VERDI-CARE and  ran across this thread. I found it interesting that you guys are using my product on detector finds! VC was primarily developed for coin collectors but it seems you all have found an interesting way of using the product....very cool!

After reading through the thread, I would like to offer some free bottles to the appropriate person here for contest/give-away/trial purposes. If one of the administrators would please contact me, I will send some bottles out to them at my expense. Since this is a different type of application, I am very interested to see the before/after results you all get with the product. Also, I would like to offer you all a bulk discount. My distributor (Wizard) works on fairly thin margins (the product is somewhat expensive to manufacture) and I understand their reluctance to offer reduced pricing. Again, if an administrator contacts me, we can work out the details on a bulk purchase for you all.

Thanks to those of you that have tested VERDI-CARE! I sincerely hope you have found it useful with your detector finds.

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:14:32 AM »

Hi and thank you for your offer. I will be emailing you with my address. It will be interesting to see the results of the test bottles you are sending and yes, we will purchase a bulk order if the members like your product. We have a Fall event coming in Sept 17th. I will be offering the product to the members at that time. In the mean time I will see that a selct few will have the donated product to post their results.
Address on the way.
Thank you
NH Bob
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL
http://youtu.be/emzElOIHn14

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 12:31:42 PM »

I have been corrisponding with Thad the chemist and we are going to work on maybe finding something that will work for us the detectorists.
Here is some of what he had to say:
I've been thinking of developing a new product for heavily encrusted metal (not just coins) but the main problem for me is safety. Removing heavy corrosion/dirt requires more aggressive chemistry which starts to become unsafe for the end-user. VC is different because it is 100% safe to handle and use. This is the only type of product VERDI-CHEM is interested in producing. If I can't make it safe and effective, I don't want to sell it. Your forum/members could be an excellent place for me to offer some experimental formulations for testing should I develop a new product. I work in the metalworking fluid industry, so I already have several ideas in mind.

Just an FYI based on the thread I read....Blue Ribbon was removed from the marketplace because it is a carcinogen and shown to cause lung, kidney and liver effects......completely unacceptable for a consumer product. I recommend to any of your members that might have a "stash" of it be EXTREMELY cautious while using it! Better yet, it should probably be properly disposed of.
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL

RelicHunterBob

• aka Bob, Bob K, RHBob
  • White's DFX, TDI, V3i, Minelab Excalibur II 800
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 01:07:50 PM »

Sounds like a potentially great products.  We certainly find heavily encrusted finds to test it on!   Can't wait to see how it works.  :027:

I tried Aluminum Jelly the weekend on a buckle that had a hint of silver.   It brought out all the silver that wasn't worn off!

HH

Bob K

del

• " Dirty Dan "
  • Connecticut state seal coat button
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »

sounds like a great way to hash out a product directly with a company that can listen to our needs and maybe customize a product that definately has a huge need in our growing hobby.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

VERDI-CHEMIST

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »

Hi and thank you for your offer. I will be emailing you with my address. It will be interesting to see the results of the test bottles you are sending and yes, we will purchase a bulk order if the members like your product. We have a Fall event coming in Sept 17th. I will be offering the product to the members at that time. In the mean time I will see that a selct few will have the donated product to post their results.
Address on the way.
Thank you
NH Bob

Bob - The free bottles are packaged and ready to ship tomorrow. I hope you enjoy giving them out to hunters in September!

I wanted to emphasize to folks that VC was not at all designed to remove heavy encrustation. Thus far, I see that people have used it closer to how it was intended to be used, for light corrosion/verdigris and as a preserver. I just don't want anyone to think it can remove the heavy stuff because it probably cannot do that. VC is NOT a cleaner and contains no acids, detergents, soaps or harsh chemicals. I hope that people using it or thinking about using it take some time to read the documenation:

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/files/images/Verdi-Care-Instructions.pdf

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/files/images/Verdi-Care-FAQ.pdf

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/files/images/Verdi-Care-Typical-Results.pdf

http://www.wizardcoinsupply.com/files/images/Verdi-Care-MSDS.pdf

Once again, I greatly appreciate you guys testing it and providing feedback. This is an application that I never really thought about and I find it quite interesting.

VERDI-CHEMIST

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 05:28:38 PM »

sounds like a great way to hash out a product directly with a company that can listen to our needs and maybe customize a product that definately has a huge need in our growing hobby.

Thank you! I'm all about listening, that's why God gave us two ears and one mouth.  :011:

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 05:44:12 PM »

Personally, I think this is going to benefit all of us. Yes, we understand it's not a cleaner for crusted coins. In the same sense, we are looking forward to any improvements you can make in that direction :045:
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL

del

• " Dirty Dan "
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 07:10:33 PM »

here's a typical example of a copper large cent we get from the ground (for the most part some are better or worse ) for some cleaning isn't too much of a problem .

but getting the nice chocolate or ruddy brown tones back to the coin can be .

sometimes you can keep the nice patina on them

but it would be nice to put something on the coin either before to help keep the patina on but still be able to "clean" the heavier dirt of the coin.
i'm like Bob i still use some blue ribbon because it does a decent job after the cleaning on preserving the coin from oxidizing again and i can sometimes get the coin to tone back out . i know alot in this hobby that would very much like to see a product for cleaning silver,copper ,brass , bronze and the like .

Dan
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.-Thomas Jefferson

RonNH

• Board Moderator
  • Tek T2SE, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche spades
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 09:39:14 PM »

Sounds good to me. I have never tried Blue Ribbon or any other commercial cleaner/preservative so am curious to see how Verdi-Care works. I have been using different methods to clean coppers and coat them with petroleum jelly to preserve then but I wonder about that stuff - the pj.

If we have success with Verdi-Care, maybe Verdi-Chemist (I know he must have a name) can use testimonials from us to promote the product in exchange for the free samples. Not a bad deal?
Barn's burnt down...now I can see the moon.

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 06:40:50 AM »

Sorry guys, His name is Thad and yes, I hope what we do will intern help his sales and further his chances of coming up with something the Detectorist can use.It's a huge market out there just waiting to be tapped. Metal detecting is a world wide hobby.
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL

VERDI-CHEMIST

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2011, 12:48:44 AM »

here's a typical example of a copper large cent we get from the ground (for the most part some are better or worse ) for some cleaning isn't too much of a problem .

but getting the nice chocolate or ruddy brown tones back to the coin can be .

sometimes you can keep the nice patina on them

but it would be nice to put something on the coin either before to help keep the patina on but still be able to "clean" the heavier dirt of the coin.
i'm like Bob i still use some blue ribbon because it does a decent job after the cleaning on preserving the coin from oxidizing again and i can sometimes get the coin to tone back out . i know alot in this hobby that would very much like to see a product for cleaning silver,copper ,brass , bronze and the like .

Dan

Excellent conservation work Dan! The first coin was probably a "goner" to start. I can tell you had to resort to some strong measures to remove the corrosion as most of the detail was lost (carried away with the corrosion). The large cent turned out pretty nice. There's still evidence of corrosion (pitted fields) but the coin looks as good as it's going to get, the patina is pleasing. The last coin is also very well conserved, I like the remaining light, green patina.....perfect job. You get my thumbs up with your conservation skills!!!

As you have demonstrated, the real key to conservation is knowing when to stop. I've seen many novices destroy coins by over-doing the process.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:51:51 AM by VERDI-CHEMIST »

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2011, 07:36:08 AM »

We'll have to get you hooked on detecting Thad :011:
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL

del

• " Dirty Dan "
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 04:03:19 PM »

Excellent conservation work Dan! The first coin was probably a "goner" to start. I can tell you had to resort to some strong measures to remove the corrosion as most of the detail was lost (carried away with the corrosion). The large cent turned out pretty nice. There's still evidence of corrosion (pitted fields) but the coin looks as good as it's going to get, the patina is pleasing. The last coin is also very well conserved, I like the remaining light, green patina.....perfect job. You get my thumbs up with your conservation skills!!!

As you have demonstrated, the real key to conservation is knowing when to stop. I've seen many novices destroy coins by over-doing the process.

thank you very much Thad , the first two pictures are of the same coin , the same reverse of the large cent (before and after cleaning) . i have tried lots of different chemicals and techniques on all kinds of coins ( most were very common ones or they were so far gone their value was almost nil to begin with) and one of the best methods on copper and bronze coins seem to be very hot peroxide wash to loosen up the encrusted dirt,scale and lime from the coin.  i have never tried 'Verdi-care" so i'll have to pick some up to give it an honest test out .

Dan

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 04:26:15 PM »

I just received the PK of Verdi-Care. Haven't opened it yet but want to thank you Thad. I will be passing out some for trial runs.
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up