New Hampshire Metal Detecting Forum hunt banner

• February 25, 2018, 04:08:57 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

(((((((((( BEST LITTLE FORUM IN NEW ENGLAND ))))))))))

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Impressive Equinox Salt Water Performance!  (Read 134 times)

Bluetube1000

Excal Bluetube 1000 Pimped Out
Explorer SE PRO
Search Scan 650 Pi

Badger NH

• Badger
Re: Impressive Equinox Salt Water Performance!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 04:01:27 AM »

Bummer my computer won't play the video.

That is great news though. Can't wait to test mine when it gets here. I wonder if anyone in NH has gotten an Equinox yet.

Edit - I just watched it and WOW, that is cool. My CZ 20 can't detect small gold either.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:12:23 AM by Badger NH »
Minelab Equinox 800 (very soon),Teknetics T2 SE, DeepTech Vista Gold, Fisher CZ20, Garret Pro Pointer.

Detecting since 1996.

Seacoast NH

creade

• 2016 Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030 newbie
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:13:44 AM »

I'm not 100% sold on that video. I have a hard time believing a Excalibur couldn't hear that chain at all but the equinox had no problem.
Can't find it if you don't dig it -HH 
Ctx 3030
Garrett carrot
Bunch of diggers

Badger NH

• Badger
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2018, 04:19:37 AM »

Supposedly the Equinox with the new Multi-IQ technology is much more sensitive to small gold than the BBS technology of the Excalibur which has been around since the early 90's.

The Excal is a great machine but I've heard that one of it's shortcomings is that it's blind to small gold and fine gold chains. My CZ20 has the same problem. I don't know of any salt water machine that has that ability.

As more tests are made and more videos come out, we will see just how good the new Multi-IQ really is.

Just think of all the gold chains and earrings out there that we walk right by on the beach every day. They have been piling up on the base layers for the last 50 to 100 years or more because no machine can detect them. Until now.  :008:

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 05:51:15 AM by Badger NH »
Minelab Equinox 800 (very soon),Teknetics T2 SE, DeepTech Vista Gold, Fisher CZ20, Garret Pro Pointer.

Detecting since 1996.

Seacoast NH

saltwaterking

• i sleep on the nh seacoast beaches!!!
  • believe me ive found it!! knowledge is the key
    • NH beach metaldetecting
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

only time I ever found gold chains without pendants was with a pulse! did it twice on wallis sands
I starting to believe in the equinox and will be purchasing the higher end package this year! check out gary draytons video also! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COYuaJ4c5BI
ctx 3030
minelab xs/2/15" wot excalibur 2
whites surfmaster pi
metal detected wallis sands/pirates cove/jenness/Hampton beach/York harbor/long/short sands beach since I was 16

Bluetube1000

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 11:18:34 PM »

I'm not 100% sold on that video. I have a hard time believing a Excalibur couldn't hear that chain at all but the equinox had no problem.

Hey Creade, he just posted another video burying the gold chain 3-4" inches deep in salt water at 2 different beaches. It works better on chains than anything ever made. I've only found 2 gold chains with my excal and that was in all metal/pinpoint. One chain was balled up and the other I found only because my excal picked up on the lobster claw clasp. Equinox shines on chains where all others fail. Home run as far as I can see so far. Now I just need to see it submerged, stable and finding targets 2 scoops down.
Excal Bluetube 1000 Pimped Out
Explorer SE PRO
Search Scan 650 Pi

Badger NH

• Badger
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:21:12 AM »

I dug an 18k thin gold chain with my CZ20 at Pirates Cove but only because it was wrapped around a piece of aluminum from a lobster trap.

I still hate lobster traps though.

Detecting since 1996.

Seacoast NH
Pages: [1]   Go Up