New Hampshire Metal Detecting Forum hunt banner

• October 22, 2017, 10:36:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

(((((((((( BEST LITTLE FORUM IN NEW ENGLAND ))))))))))

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Minelab Equinox  (Read 263 times)

Minelab Equinox
« on: October 02, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »

Hi All,
Troyboy posted on my introduction about the soon to be released Minelab Equinox. This machine sounds like it has all that I would be looking for IE: detecting in wet salty sand and the ability to be a good AT detector. Being new to the hobby/sport I am sure I don't know what I don't know. Soooo... having said that any input from all the "Old Codger's" as well as any young codger's certainly would be much appreciated.

Waynos

• Wayne
Re: Minelab Equinox
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 05:16:58 PM »

Im considering the equinox 600..great looking machine..should be ready to buy in afew months
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Propointer
Sampson T 31" shovel
Lesche hand digger

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »

I have been in contact with Richard at Zbackwoods he does have some of the new units on order.

Bluetube1000

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 07:36:39 PM »

Welcome and hello, my 2 cents is that this machine will be very impressive. Of the videos I've seen posted it has unbelievable Recovery speed, something that previous Minelabs have issues with. For $800 bucks and submersible to 10 feet with 6 frequencies it will surely outrun the MX sport and AT pros. I'm curious to see its performance in the saltwater. I've reserved one of 800s can't wait to try it. Happy Hunting
Excal Bluetube 1000
Barracuda Pi
Explorer XS

CTTodd

• 2017 Supporting Member
  • Dig Colonial or go Home
    • Dig Colonial or go Home
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 08:13:20 PM »

I'm pretty sure I will have to have one to try at some point but I will not be rushing in. I think a two month or more wait is the smart move. Waiting for imeadiate problems to be found and solved is a good move. Brand new unit no history.
"when I go detecting I always have landowner permission"

www.cttodd.com

JakeM

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2017, 10:34:16 AM »

This is exciting, I’m going to be paying attention to the reviews. Hopefully it will do well in salt water.
Minelab explorer 2 15" wot
Garrett AT pro

saltwaterking

• i sleep on the nh seacoast beaches!!!
  • believe me ive found it!! knowledge is the key
    • NH beach metaldetecting
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »

cant go wrong with minelab especially if you beach hunt! but remember to be patient with your results! a lot of folks jump to a higher level machine and get frustrated due to lack of results or poor beach conditions!!
ctx 3030
minelab xs/2/15" wot excalibur 2
whites surfmaster pi
metal detected wallis sands/pirates cove/jenness/Hampton beach/York harbor/long/short sands beach since I was 16

JakeM

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2017, 09:09:12 PM »

My only concern is that it looks like the equinox doesn’t use as many frequencies as my explorer. I’m sure it’s not everything, but I still want to see the results on the beach. They should send you one to review, since you are the “King”... and probably one of the most experienced beach goers in the US .
Garrett AT pro

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 05:14:19 PM »

If money was no object multiple machines would solve all my angst. However as in most of life my resources are limited. The E-trac is a very good machine,not water proof. The Excal, water proof not so good on dry land. The Garrett AT Pro good price good on dry land, water proof, does not perform well in salty sand. The Equinox water proof, multi frequency, reasonably priced, untested by the pro's. What's a newbie to do? LOL

Bluetube1000

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 11:40:56 PM »

Wait until the reviews come in from the ocean testing.
Excal Bluetube 1000
Barracuda Pi
Explorer XS

troyboy

• 2017 Supporting Member
  • Troy
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 06:28:18 AM »

Just my opinion,but, I don't think there is any one detector that is perfect for all conditions. If you polled most of the folks that hit the beach and dirt I think you'll find they have at least two machines. I'm not endorsing or selling any products but the majority of the experienced hunters run Minelabs at the beach (CTX or Explorers). In the dirt the AT Pro, XP Deus and T2 are pretty popular. The one hybrid I would say is the CTX. Lots of guys use that in the field and at the beach. However, there is big price tag associated with it.

I have an XP Deus, Minelab Explorer and an AT Pro. I use all of them depending on where I'm hunting....  I am eagerly watching the Exquinox

My two cents
Minelab Explorer II - Coiltek 15" WOT
XP Deus
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Lesche Sampson 31″ T-Handle

Oldest U.S. Coin - 1798 DB LC
Oldest Silver - 1758 1 Reale
Oldest Coin - 1710 Louis XVI 6 Deniers

JakeM

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 09:25:33 AM »

Just my opinion,but, I don't think there is any one detector that is perfect for all conditions. If you polled most of the folks that hit the beach and dirt I think you'll find they have at least two machines. I'm not endorsing or selling any products but the majority of the experienced hunters run Minelabs at the beach (CTX or Explorers). In the dirt the AT Pro, XP Deus and T2 are pretty popular. The one hybrid I would say is the CTX. Lots of guys use that in the field and at the beach. However, there is big price tag associated with it.

I have an XP Deus, Minelab Explorer and an AT Pro. I use all of them depending on where I'm hunting....  I am eagerly watching the Exquinox

My two cents

I agree 100% but I really like my explorer, more so than my at pro. I just wish it was faster, lighter, and waterproof.... oh wait  :027:
Garrett AT pro

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2017, 11:03:23 AM »

I love this forum it is amazing the amount of information u can get for 2 cents LOL. The Tesoro Sand Shark appears to perform well in wet sea sand. The PI looks like a good fit for the ocean with a second machine for inland. I'm thinking used might be the way to go then I can afford two detectors.

JakeM

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2017, 05:00:28 PM »

With a PI machine you won’t have any discrimination, you’ll be digging everything.
Garrett AT pro

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2017, 06:31:41 PM »

I understand that with a PI detector there is no discrimination but I figure the first year or so I will be digging everything anyway and its primary use will be at the beach when I'm hanging out with the wife.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up