New Hampshire Metal Detecting Forum hunt banner

• October 22, 2017, 10:33:21 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

(((((((((( BEST LITTLE FORUM IN NEW ENGLAND ))))))))))

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copper decorative piece?  (Read 101 times)

KWaltzK NH

• 2017 Supporting Member
  • Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Copper decorative piece?
« on: September 22, 2017, 03:26:27 PM »

Found this about 8 inches down at a private permission where a farmhouse once stood. I added the quarter for size perspective. I believe it's copper, and It must have slid onto or attached to something else. It doesn't seem to be broken... seems like one piece finished on all the edges. I don't know what it is, but I sure like it! Any ideas?

RonNH

• Board Moderator
  • Tek T2SE, Teknetics Patriot, Garrett Pro Pointer
Re: Copper decorative piece?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »

Kathy, I'm pretty sure I know what it is as I found something similar. It's one half of a sash buckle, in your picture it is turned the wrong way, the clasp on the back should be vertical and there is another half to it (somewhere) with a locking tab on the back and matching design on the front. It might be worth it to go back and look for the missing half. I found mine in two trips, the other piece was actually in the original hole which I forgot to scan after finding the first piece. Good one!
Find the cost of freedom... buried in the ground.

KWaltzK NH

• 2017 Supporting Member
  • Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, Garrett Pro Pointer
Re: Copper decorative piece?
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 08:44:18 PM »

Ooh, that totally makes sense! Now I see where the fabric would have gone through. I did check the area pretty well after I found this, but I'll be hitting this permission pretty hard for the foreseeable future anyway. Fingers crossed! Thank you RonNH!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up