New Hampshire Metal Detecting Forum hunt banner

• February 25, 2018, 04:12:58 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

(((((((((( BEST LITTLE FORUM IN NEW ENGLAND ))))))))))

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bob, E-trac questions  (Read 1240 times)

Caretaker

• steve
  • 2016 Supporting Member
  • "Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!"
Bob, E-trac questions
« on: May 12, 2016, 09:12:22 PM »

just went out today for the first time, play around in a field, what do you want to dig, high tones? and certain # combo's, a lot of times I would hear signals on one swing, but when I went back, the signal was gone, all I did was turned it on and hit noise cancel, it sound is nice and I get the hang of it, but on my first time out, I was expecting a silver dollar :011:
I'll watch a bunch of video's on utube this weekend
go out and dig something

Caretaker

• steve
  • 2016 Supporting Member
E-trac
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 12:00:20 PM »

first two weeks on using the Etrac, it's a deep XLT, I dig 4 inches deeper, I might have got this to late in life, it's hard to dig that deep, # and noise is sort of the same as the XLT, cool machine, can't wait til they mow the fields
go out and dig something

Bell-Two

• Quaerendo Invenietis
  • Tony: Using CTX 3030
Re: Bob, E-trac questions
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2016, 06:29:26 PM »

Yes hi tones are what you are looking for. In fields with a lot of iron I used the two tone ferrous option. Iron will give a grunting sound, high conductive targets a high tone. If you get a squeaky or scratchy high tone and then swing over it on the 45 degree angle and hear no tone or grunt then generally iron false. As for ID numbers the second number is the most important factor, with clean signals the ferrous will often fall on the 12 line or a number close to it. For example a 12-13 is the classic nickel signal 12-34 Indian or maybe zinc penny 12-42 wheat penny or two cent piece etc.

Go to this website for information on setting up the two tone ferrous which I recommend for fields with iron, there is also good info here on other settings with the E-Trac

http://www.goes4ever.com/ttf-explained.html
Psalms 24:1 � The earth is the LORD'S, and all it contains...But God shares with us who search!

Caretaker

• steve
  • 2016 Supporting Member
Re: Bob, E-trac questions
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »

Bell-two, Im going to try to install your program this weekend, it will take me 2 to5 time to do it, I'll have it ready for the spring thanks
go out and dig something
Pages: [1]   Go Up