• October 21, 2014, 07:57:11 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

(((((((((( OUR SPONSORS ))))))))))

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing and loading search programs on CTX 3030 ... Instructions  (Read 1798 times)

tonymatt

• Tony M
  • Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030, T2SE, AT Pro

Hi Gang:

I wrote up a few instructions on how to share and load programs to your CTX 3030. Keep in mind this document is a work in process and will probably be refined a few times based on user comments. I come from a computer background so sometimes I take things for granted when I write, so let me know if something is not clear:

1. Save the CTX program files to a folder on your desktop:
   a ==> create new folder on desktop and name it whatever you want. I named mine CTX Programs
   b ==> CTX program files have a .mlf extension
   c ==> you can receive .mlf files via email or browse to a website that has .mlf files available
   d ==> once you locate a .mlf file you want to save/use, save it to the CTX Programs folder that you created on your desktop.
   e ==> in your desktop folder, make sure the file extension did not get changed to .zip (It will get changed if you used Internet Explorer to download. If the file extension did get changed to .zip extension, simply rename the file as .mlf extension

2. Load the program to Xchange2 and the CTX
   a==> open XChange2 software on pc
   b==> connect usb cable to pc and CTX
   c==> turn CTX on
   d==> in XChange2 program, on the left hand side of the screen, you should see "CTX 3030" listed as the first item in the list. followed by "ALL", "FILE", "RECYCLE". Consider these like folders on your pc. Now click on "CTX 3030", you will  see all the programs currently stored on your CTX 3030. You can have up to 10 programs on the CTX at any one time.
   e==> click on "file" now. You should see "Empty" in the middle pane. If there are items in this folder, you must save them if you need to and then clear the screen by moving the items (drag and drop) to the "RECYCLE" folder or clicking on the "Clear the contents of the file collection" icon.
   f==> once you have a clear panel you can import one of the .mlf files from your desktop folder.
   g==> click on the "Import a Minelab file" icon. The Import a minelab file popup appears. Now select "Choose File". From the desktop folder you created, select the .mlf file you want to import and click open.
   h==> you now should see the title of the .mlf file in the center pane. Simply drag and drop it into the CTX folder and you have now loaded the program onto the CTX. Click on the CTX 3030 folder to make sure it is there. Now go back to the FILE folder and drag the program to the ALL tab to keep it in Xchange2 for future use.

You can shut down program and unhook everything at this point, YOU ARE DONE. Congrats.

The bottom line is you can receive a .mlf file in many ways (browsing, email, etc), but once the file is in your desktop folder, the procedure to load the CTX is the same.

If anyone is interested, we can go over editing/creating a program next. I'm also going to post a couple of helpful links to go over what we are doing here.

I tried to attach a .mlf file to use for testing, but forum does not allow it. If anyone wants a test file, PM me and I'll send it to you that way. The test file is GoneHunting's (Evan's) settings, which I use a lot. There a few files to test with here:

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?87,1737486
I can dig it !!

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
Re: Sharing and loading search programs on CTX 3030 ... Instructions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 06:56:16 PM »

I have no idea what you just said.
Why can't I just make my settings on the CTX like any machine?
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL
http://youtu.be/emzElOIHn14

tonymatt

• Tony M
  • Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030, T2SE, AT Pro
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:19:33 PM »

I have no idea what you just said.
Why can't I just make my settings on the CTX like any machine?

You can certainly create your own settings (also referred to as programs) on the machine Bob, many people seem to prefer to create their settings (programs) in Xchange2 software. When you are setting up the machine the way you want it, you are creating a program inside the machine. The computer interface just gives you an easy way to share your settings with others without having to tell me every setting you made.

My post above did not talk about creating your own settings. It was meant to be a guide to sharing programs (settings) with others once they are created.

I am enjoying this challenge Bob - My goal is to make you so comfortable with the technology side of this that you won't even give it a second thought and will come to appreciate it for the benefit it gives. I have noticed your expressions of frustration  :011:
I can dig it !!

lafatlife

• Deb
  • Supporting Member
  • Laf-at-life 'cause sometimes that's all you can do
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 08:34:30 PM »

Bob, as Tony said you can do everything you want on your machine just like any other machine.  This one, like the etrac, can use the xchange program so that you can edit them easily on a 17 inch screen instead of a 3 inch screen.  That's all.  You do not have to use your computer except to update your machine.

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »

Thanks both of you, like I said earlier, I need to regroup and open myself up to. This.
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL

tonymatt

• Tony M
  • Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030, T2SE, AT Pro
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 09:10:08 PM »

I'm not giving up on you buddy  :045:
I can dig it !!

lafatlife

• Deb
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 09:12:18 PM »

We will hold your hand Bob.  If I can get through it, you can too!

tonymatt

• Tony M
  • Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030, T2SE, AT Pro
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2013, 09:16:25 PM »

Bob, once you get XChange2 installed, we can spend some time on the phone and go thru the software that way if you want. With the knowledge you have of detecting in general and the Minelab machine experience you have, you are going to be a MONSTER with this machine once you get the technology stuff down.
I can dig it !!

tonymatt

• Tony M
  • Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030, T2SE, AT Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 07:54:20 AM »

NOW WE'RE DOWN TO THE FIELD USE AND SETTING. This is what I was wating for. Just the little Terry said makes sense and the best part is, Terry will be giving me infield lessons this weekend :clap :clap :clap

This is exactly why I chose this forum as my home base - the great members  :bow :bow :bow :bow
I can dig it !!

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:11:31 PM »

Tony, you and Deb have been great with helping out. Now with the in field experience, I'll be golden.
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL

tonymatt

• Tony M
  • Supporting Member
  • CTX 3030, T2SE, AT Pro
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2013, 01:18:44 PM »

Tony, you and Deb have been great with helping out. Now with the in field experience, I'll be golden.
Hey, there is a method to my madness ...  :011: the faster you get up to speed, the faster I can ask you specific CTX detecting questions  :rofl

On a serious note, I think a session with Terry will really get you going at warp speed. I just could not be of much help in that specific area. Once you get the machine set up the way you like, I would love a copy of your final settings to try out .
I can dig it !!

lafatlife

• Deb
  • Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 07:08:08 PM »

Bob, the few minutes I spent with terry showing me the machine was a huge help to me.  I know more time would be great for you!

NHBob

• OLDEST COIN 1629
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 07:28:51 PM »

If I can set the tones up the way I have planed. This will be a killer machine.
PROPER TARGET REMOVAL
Pages: [1]   Go Up